Thursday, January 1, 2009

The best gift ever!


I just had to show this off. This is a quilt block my nephew Jordan made for me for Christmas. Please excuse the turkey box under it, it was 20 degrees outside so it was a quick picture to take. Didn't feel to pleasant barefoot lol.

It's amazing to me how fast 2008 has come and gone. Time just doesn't stand still.

For the most part we had a wonderful Christmas I really enjoyed spending time with our family and our friends who stopped in later that day. I had gotten the biggest crack up out of our youngest son Jacob who is 13. I had asked him what he wanted for Christmas he just tells me underwear and socks. OK this is doable but what else give me something to work with. It just made me laugh so hard because this is a kid that would hand me Christmas list at the beginning of December which would be filled with electronics and games and such, and so he tells me few days before Christmas he wanted undies and socks.....

Our oldest son Cody is pretty easy going he didn't ask for much as well but we pretty much knew what he needed and wanted so his was easy. He is 17 now. He pretty much buys what he wants hes been working for over a year now.

I am however relieved that the turkey is almost all gone one round of homemade turkey noodles and I wont have to see another turkey for awhile. While I love turkey I just get so sick of it.

To me it seems like it gets harder and harder every year though the older they get to shop for them. You can walk into any store now and it seems more geared towards little kids, and most of the stuff is for girls. So ya that really don't help me much.

Our New Year was actually a pretty mild one for us. I really enjoyed it. Normally we have chaos at New Years we would have friends in and out and go house to house. This year we had a quiet one watched movies and snacked on crackers and cheese. When midnight struck we stood on the porch and watched the fireworks people were shooting off. I love small towns. It was quite beautiful though to see the fireworks, and in a weird way it gave a sense of hope that maybe just maybe this will be a better year.

Here's to a New Year may it bring Love, Peace and Happiness to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I have a 17 year old too, he woeks at target for over a year now and is soooooo hard to buy for also. Love the quilt block!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany