Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crochet what NOT to do

Well so far in the last couple of days it seems I am very prone to brain farts to say the least! The worst being totally forgetting how to single crochet specially after working with doubles and triples.......I can just hear the Homer Simpson doh on that one...

I really wanted to make this really pretty square, well my square had turned into a hexagon not quite sure how that had happened so after a dozens times of taking it apart I gave up for now.

There were a few squares I had attempted to make, I'm not sure I am reading the instructions right (really good possibility) or if they were just too confusing to start with.

Then I wanted to learn how to make a flower ya, after I got the yarn off my finger that I had managed to crochet on that was put down as well.........But.......

I have made a couple of 8" in squares and they looked pretty good specially for one of them being first time out I was thrilled.......I also made a dishcloth ok so there was no set pattern for the dishcloth because I wanted to learn the box stitch so I just kept going with it, I just didn't know how to end it so it has a box edge but its functional, and I learned a new to me stitch!

I have also finally picked out my fourth color for the nine patch granny I am making, I went with light sage green and have already made a few squares, I have also started to assemble the first row, I think I am just going to sew as I go so it won't seem so daunting to me.

I am still having fun with it, and I think its helping me with my hands, the cold air struck today and they really haven't bothered me too much.......

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany