Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My youngest sons afghan

This afghan was a Christmas gift for my youngest son Jacob and boy did it come down to the wire. It was so easy to get Codys done as he doesnt live at home anymore. With this one I had to lock my bedroom  door just so I could get it done. I finished at 3 a.m. Christmas morning. Nothing like cutting it close! I wasn't sure what colors to do for him as he isn't into any sports teams so I just made it in his school colors and it turned out awesome! The best part for me though is that he loves it enough to keep it on his bed. That amazes me as he is 18 yrs old, I was afraid he wouldn't like it. I wanted the boys to have something made from me, and I thoroughly enjoyed making them their afghans. I will post Codys tomorrow. The hardest part crocheting this afghan was using the huge Q hook, I had a heck of a time with holding that hook, the afghan itself was very easy. The pattern is called the Crocheted Weekend Afghan from the Lion Brand website, here is the direct link * note you may have to log in or create a free account to view, but is well worth it!  http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/1104AD.html

Heres Jacobs afghan.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany